Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cherry Cheese Pie

This recipe makes 1- 9 inch pie. I usually double it and make 2 pies. It is my most requested pie.

9 inch unbaked pie shell
2 cans (1 lb 5 oz) cherry pie filling
12 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( I prefer mexican vanilla if I can find it- it is so much richer and flavorful than the imitation extract)


Preheat your oven to 425*F

Prepare pie shell


Spread 1 can of cherry filling in bottom of pie shell

Bake for 15 minutes
Remove from oven
Reduce heat to 350*F



While pie shell is baking,
Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth


This time I am going to use the paddle


Since I have a stand mixer, I let it beat almost the entire time the
shell is baking. This makes it really smooth and creamy.



This is what it will look like after the 15 minutes of baking
Don't forget to turn the heat down to 350* F

Spread the cream cheese mixture over the hot cherry filling
Clean up the spills on the door
Bake for 25 minutes
Make sure the temp is 350*F.
The filling will be soft when you take it out of the oven. It will set up as it cools
Cool completely on a wire rack
Just before serving, spread the remaining can of pie filling on top of pie.
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, store it in the refridgerator.

2 comments:

Mrs. Thoughtskoto said...

your pie recipes looks good. I'll give it a try one of these days. I'm here for your pie crust recipe, but i promise i'll try one of your recipes.
I linked you up on my blog and looking forward to more recipes from you.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Leftovers? How could you possibly have leftovers with a pie this yummy?

Merry Christmas!