This potatoe dish has a lot of names: Cheesy potoatoes, festive potatoes are among them. Here in Utah, they are called Funeral Potatoes because they are served at luncheons after a funeral because the recipe feeds quit a few people. So, lets get started.
* 32 oz bag of frozen shredded hash browns
* 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans Cream of Chicken Soup
* salt and pepper to taste (don't leave these out!)
* 1 cup Sour Cream
* 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (I like to use sharp Cheddar Cheese)
* 1/2 cube melted butter or margarine
* 1/4 c. chopped green onion ( I didn't have green onions, a big onion works just fine, and we learned how to chop it last time)
* 2 cups finely crushed Corn Flakes (Optional)
* 2 Tbs butter or margarine melted (Optional)
1. Grease 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In large bowl combine soups, sour cream, cheese, onions, and the melted butter.
3. Gently fold hash browns into mixture.
5. Combine crushed corn flakes and the 2 Tbs. of melted butter and sprinkle on top of potato mixture. (step 5 is optional)
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and hot.